Most standard websites viewed on a mobile phone are difficult to read and navigate. It’s hard to click on small links and read tiny text. It’s frustrating for people looking for a product or service on their smartphone.
- Customers are using mobile to find your competition.
Source: Google “Understanding Smartphone Users,” 2011.
- It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone.
- There are MORE mobile phones on the planet than there are TVs.
- 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour.
(Source: Mobile Marketer)
- Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons.
(Source: Borrell Associates)
If your website visitors can’t see and navigate your website easily, they will find a site that is mobile friendly.
Most businesses haven’t found a need to create a mobile site, whether it’s because they don’t know an experienced designer, or just don’t know the statistics of people who are using smart phones to search the web. In either case, it’s important to progress with technology rather than being consumed because of it.
Your visitors will learn to appreciate that you are up to current technology standards that simplify their lives. They will also be impressed with your tech business since you’re employing the newest business technology. It demonstrates a progressive business, and someone they will want to work with.